Update added by user Oct 07, 2015
Today the center director called them and they said it was the photographer's fault because he didn't submit the digital images.Umm....HELLO!
You printed the pictures, so clearly he sent you the images, otherwise how did you print a picture of my child? You charged me 147.14 so clearly you knew it was the biggest package and it COMES WITH "INSTANT" DIGITAL IMAGES! What a crock! They blame a new system for months on end and continue selling things they are not delivering.
That is horrible business practice!
Plus now you blame some nice photographer who doesn't even get a chance to defend himself!Poor Photographer will keep going on being used as the face of your company without knowing you are never delivering things he accepts payments for, and that you then blame him when customers complain.
Original review posted by user Oct 07, 2015
Here is the timeline of my experience with Teddy Bear Smiles.
On Sept 18th when I dropped my daughter off at school her class was already in with the photographer so I got to watch her have her picture taken. The photographer was amazing. I came home and wanted to send an email or post to their facebook page saying how great he was. Well I couldn't find a facebook page (now I know why they don't have one), but my search did pull up several posts where others were saying it took several weeks and often more than a month to get the pictures back. Well, all my mother-in-law wanted for her birthday was studio photographs of the kids. When I went back that evening to pick her up all there poses were great and I noticed that there was an option to purchase "instant" digital images and the copyright release so I could print my own. I purchased the $147 package that included all three poses and the "instant" digital images. The only reason I bought the digital images was so that if the pics were not back in time I could print the pictures for my mother-in-law's birthday. We were all told the pictures would be in within a week, but since I had read the reviews I knew not to believe him.
Two days after I still had not received my "instant" images so I called customer service. I pressed 2 as a parent and it rang several times and went to hold music and a prompt telling me high call volume/answered in order received/press star to leave a voice mail. After 30 min I pressed star and left a message. Hours later still no response so I called again, same thing happened, I left another message and hung up. I called back and pressed 1 saying I was a daycare center, a lady answered right away, imagine that. I explained I had not gotten my "instant" digital images, she told me they would be sent as soon as my payment was processed. Well, because I have text alerts on my phone, I knew the payment was processed the day before. I told her this and she said to give the system 48 hours, I informed her that 5 days after pictures and 48 hours after they had my money was in no way "INSTANT". She assured me I would get them and since my MIL's birthday was still over a week away I waited.
To make this saga somewhat shorter let me just say I called 9 more times (leaving messages each time) over the next 4 days and emailed both websites (yes there are 2 teddybearportraits.com and teddysmiles.com) each 11 times. I still got no response. I called pressing the daycare center prompt a few times just to talk to a live person and was told they had no access to those accounts and would send me to the same "general customer service mailbox". My MIL's birthday was just a few days away so I desperately took my daughter and paid even more money for crappy JC Penny pics. I paid $148.14 for pictures and digital images, yet I still had to go pay 68.00 to JC Penny to have pictures in time. That is ridiculous.
I stopped calling, but continued to email everyday. I sort of expected a disc or some instructions on how to get the digital images and release to be in the package of pictures when it was delivered. Nope, got her pictures yesterday and there is no disc or mention of the digital images at all. At this point I have the huge package of pictures and I don't need the digital images, but I am so frustrated at the thought of having to fight them for a refund. This is no way to treat people.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Never recieving instant digital images
- None of my messages or emails were answered
- Customer service
- Wait time on the phone
- False advertising
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Refund the cost of the "Instant" digital images I never received and no longer need because I had to go to the expense of having other pictures taken before my MIL's birthday.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Teddy Bear Portraits Digital Prints
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My daughter graduated college last year and she ordered her portraits, which I paid for. She had jet-black hair, on a black background with a black robe. She looked like..."
- "This is a comment about great service!I found this service on facebook because one of my friends like her page. I loved her pictures. I was a very controlling client..."
- "Just received my picture plaque today in the mail. I opened the box and put my pictures on the dresser. Anyway the picture ended up falling on the floor under..."
- "This man will *** you out of your money and will waste your time. I met this *** man and he told me that he knew how to make websites...."
- "i bought a dinning table AMERICAN ATTITUDE 5-PIECE DINING GROUP from star without the extended warranty , after two weeks of using , we found a bubble in top of the..."
- "The Great Divide...not so great when only 15~20% is chocolate and the rest is vanilla. I'm a chocolate fan and was very disappointed to get hardly any in..."
- "The counters at budget always try to upswell no matter what city I'm renting from and the answer is always no with exception of my last experience. The car was..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."